jueves, 12 de octubre de 2017

(Free) resources for "Un Accidente" unit

I am teaching Spanish 3 this year (after not having taught it last year... and having continued to evolve a lot in my CI style of teaching). In my department we are still tied to Realidades, so I am trying to use more CI and compelling resources (Sr. Wooly nuggets and other things instead of the textbook!) and make real world connections with all the things that we do in there! 

The current unit is "Un Accidente,"which I actually find to be a very useful unit! I really realized that when I had to go to a clinic and a hospital with a student in Costa Rica and he was able to communicate about what happened to him!

 I thought I would share in case anyone can use some of the resources for a health related unit. This is a work in progress and definitely still a hybrid/bridge unit!! 

These are the "Essential Questions"
  • How do I explain what happened if someone (including myself) has an accident and/or needs medical assistance?
  • What are some cultural products, practices, perspectives in the song “La Curandera”?
  • What are some common illnesses that people have to be aware of in Latin America? 

And these are the "I can" statements:
  • Listen to and understand a story, “Ya está muerto,” about a time when someone was in the hospital. 
  • Explain what happened in the story,  “Ya está muerto”.
  • Describe what happened if someone (including myself) has an accident and/or needs medical assistance.
  • Interpret and explain information about a common illness in some parts of Latin America from infografías and PSA. 
  • Compare and contrast the cultural products, practices, and perspectives in the song “La Curandera” with my own cultural products, practices, and perspectives.
  • Use the preterite, imperfect, reflexives verbs, and indirect object pronouns with more accuracy.

Resources (free):
I am sharing all of this for FREEbut if you think this (or anything else that you got here for free) is useful and has saved you some time, feel free to give back here in Radiohead style (click here to see what I mean by Radiohead style). 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario